We are excited to announce that our office is open again! New guidelines from the Alameda County Health Department dated April 29, 2020 allow optometry practices to open for non-urgent, routine and preventative eye care services. We want to assure you that we have implemented all of the recommended protocols established by the CDC and theAmerican and California Optometric Associations to ensure that the eye care we provide for you meets the highest standards.
Here are some of the changes we have made:
- Our staff will have health screenings daily and will wear protective equipment when assisting patients.
- Face masks will be required for patients while inside the office (patient to provide). No exceptions.
- Patient body temperature will be taken with a non contact thermometer and hands will be sanitized upon entry.
- Staff will review a health questionnaire with patients and ill patients will be rescheduled.
- Online patient web registration (starting 6/2020) will be available to reduce time spent in the office filling out forms as well as minimizing physical paper transfer and waste.
- Only scheduled patients will come into the office. Minors with only one parent.
- Social distancing will be observed around the office as much as is practically possible.
- Doctor schedules have been modified to decrease the number of patients in the office.
- Protective plexiglass barriers are in place for interactions closer than 6 feet apart.
- Additional stringent cleaning and disinfection protocols for all aspects of the office have been implemented.
You are still welcome to order your contact lenses online through our website at https://yourlens.com/fpoc. To use your vision insurance towards contacts, please call our office.
We sincerely appreciate the trust you have placed in our office and your continued support!
The Fairway Park Optometry Team